Selling a house is one of the most important decisions that you can make in your whole life. Why, when, what's the market like and will I have to pay taxes? The following tips will give you an idea about the procedure for selling your home.
1. Employ a real estate expert. A crucial step is to choose a real estate expert who would assist you in selling your home and complying with all disclosures.
2. Make it attractive. Clean, paint and make necessary repairs to optimize the value.
3. Price efficiently. If you price your home excessively high it will lessen the interest of most buyers. You should keep in mind that the price is determined by the home selling market.
4. Marketing. For selling your home quickly exposure is an important factor. Pictures, print ads, internet, open house, yard signs, brochures, mls and more.
5. Offers. There are many conditions and terms that could influence the offer. Is the buyer pre-qualified? Who pays for the home inspection? The listing agent can help you thoroughly understand the offer.
6. Home Inspection. When the offer is accepted the potential homebuyer will probably request a home inspection...therefore get ready and adhere to tip #2.
7. Appraisal. The mortgage company will request an appraisal which is a supported value of the property.
8. Buying. Review the buying tips under buyers on the navigation bar.
9. Final Inspection. When you have moved out it's time for touch ups and any required cleaning. Generally a final inspection by all parties is done at this time before closing.
10. Closing. Closings normally happen 30-45 days after the signing of the sales agreement. During closing, all funds are gathered, any existing liabilities are paid off, the deed is handed over and insurance for a free and clear title is issued.
Selling your home is all about knowing the local housing market. Pricing your home correctly is crucial to maximizing the highest selling price possible. As an area expert, I can help determine what direction the market is trending, so you can make the right choices when it comes to selling your home to get the highest price possible!
Accurate pricing is key to get as many people as possible to tour and make offers on your home, especially when you first list your home. There’s a current pool of buyers waiting for new listings to hit the market, which is why accurate pricing and staging your home properly is crucial.
Things to Think About When Selling Your Home
Once we’ve determined the price, I can give you advice about the little things that you can do to stage your home to get you the highest possible price! You’d be surprised by the simple measures you can take to dress up your home to attract more qualified buyers.
I have a marketing plan that is designed to get maximum exposure to the buyers that are currently looking, and all agents that have buyers. Through pricing, staging, agent accessibility, and visibility, both on and offline, I can successfully sell your home to help you achieve your goals.
Curious about what’s happening in your neighborhood? You can create a custom market report to see what’s active, under contract, and sold in your neighborhood!
Considering selling or refinancing your home? Get an INSTANT property valuation now!
Contact us today to find out how we can be of assistance to you!